About Urban Farming
Local urban farmers are weaving rural elements into their lives with such things as laying hens in the backyard, bee hives, landscaping with edible vegetables, herbs and flowers and implementing energy efficiency techniques that make urban living more sustainable.
The urban farm movement is exploding across the nation as consumers choose to grow their own produce and buy locally as a way of ensuring healthier food and endorsing higher environmental standards. This movement is reviving American family farms and reconnecting people to where food comes from.
When family members, friends and neighbors grow food together they save money, get physical exercise, create a supportive network and eat healthier foods.
To participate in the Urban Farm Tour of Greenville one must purchase a ticket.
UFT Ticket - October 26th from 9 am to 5 pm
- $9.00 per person
- $7.00 per person (groups of 5 or more)
- Children 12 years of age or under are free
Where to buy
- UFT website (major CCs and Paypal). With online purchase, customers need to pick up their tickets and tour booklets in person at the GOFO office prior or on the day of the event.
- UFT ticket booth (cash or check only) on October 26, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. located at the event headquarters on 1040 West Washington St, Greenville, 29601.
- Downtown TD Farmers Markeet (cash or check only) on October 5, from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the GOFO Booth for a Cause.
End of Tour Concert Ticket - Saturday October, 26 UFT Headquarters Crescent Studios
More Details to come
The Urban Farm Tour of Greenville is a self-guided tour of urban farms, edible gardens and energy efficiency initiatives that promote healthy living and conserve natural resources.
The event is rain or shine. So, bring a raincoat, umbrella, or poncho in the event of rain.
Pets are not allowed in the tour sites. In addition, participants must not enter the private residences of site owners unless invited to do so by the owner.
There will be street signage identifying the sites and registered volunteers will be at each site to assist the public in any way they can.
Purchase and pick up your ticket and tour booklet, select your route, catch a few free workshops and visit as many sites as you wish. May you have a fabulous time!
We encourage people to commit to sustainable transportation practices such as bicycling, walking, taking the GreenLink or carpooling to the sites while on the tour .
May you enjoy this family fun event while helping make city living more sustainable.